Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Olive Garden: Springfield, PA

Name: Olive Garden
Website: http://www.olivegarden.com/default_f.asp
Type: Restaurant
Location: Springfield, PA
Occupancy: Multiple
Porcelain: Two toilets, one urinal

Ah yes, Olive Garden. Everyone knows and loves their bread sticks, and they have a ton of annoying commercials on TV. I personally go for the Capellini Pomodoro with a bowl of Minestrone. This Springfield location opened up about a year ago, if memory serves me correctly. Was that enough time to establish a good bathroom?

Cleanliness
The bathroom seemed clean until I stood up from the toilet. My feet were SLIPPING on the floor, because of the horrible amounts of sticky and gross on the floor. I don't know how this happened, but we're talking hours of negligence here, not just any old incidental puddle. Bad start!
Result: FAIL (no points)

Privacy
The privacy factor was satisfied here. The bathrooms themselves are tucked away in the back corner of the dining floor, and the urinal has little walls on either side. The doorway does not open into your sink space either.
Result: PASS (1 point)

Flushing
I get into the stall, and see the automatic flush censor on the wall. Okay, I think, that's not too bad, and at least there is a manual button in case the censor is broken. However, the censor tripped THREE TIMES while I was simply shifting my weight or reaching for toilet paper. THREE TIMES! Do you have any clue how annoying that is? "No points" worth, that's how annoying.
Result: FAIL (no points)

Dryers
The sinks have a little box with neat stacks of paper towels in them. I'd imagine this gets unorganized really quickly, but it looked great when I was there. The "giant trash can hidden under the sink" method was used, which I really like.
Result: PASS (1 point)

Mirrors
As always, I cannot give full points to any bathroom without a full tilted mirror. On the other hand, there are two nice mirrors that give an above-average scope of view over the sinks. Half-credit.
Result: NO DECISION (0.5 points)

Music
Overhead music! Also, it is sufficiently loud, and every song was by Frank Sinatra on this occasion. Hooray!
Result: PASS (1 point)

Reviewer Tilt
I have to give half a point here, because the stalls each had little shelves with an unprecedented FOUR rolls of toilet paper on them. FOUR ROLLS! And no awful "feed" dispensers that never work right! Normally, this would pretty much be worth a full tilt point, but the auto-flushing fiasco really ticked me off.
Result: 0.5 points

Score: 4.0 out of 7 (57.1%)


What This Means For You:
This bathroom comes recommended, despite some curious flaws. The decor and set-up are wonderful, and if they can clean it up and fix that stupid auto-flusher, then this could be a truly wonderful rest room. As it stands, it is still above average, and makes for a pleasant time while "indisposed".

No comments:

Post a Comment