Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Regal Cinemas: Edgemont, PA

Name: Regal Cinemas
Website: http://www.fandango.com/regaledgmontsquare10_aaebq/theaterpage?wssac=58&wssaffid=11481_REGWebsite
Type: Movie Theater
Location: Edgemont, PA
Occupancy: Multiple
Porcelain: One toilet, one urinal

Regal Cinemas opened quite awhile ago, and I still remember my first movie experience there. I thought it looked like a giant space station, and I had never been in stadium seating (for a film) before. To this day, Regal is by far the nicest theater in my neck of the woods (the UA in King of Prussia is better, but it takes upwards of a half hour to get there). A movie theater is hard to keep clean ... could they at least get the bathroom right? Let's find out.

Cleanliness
The first thing I noticed was urine all over the toilet seat of the stall I went into. However, I know this to be the fault of the kid who was there right before me, so I really can't fault the staff for it. However, it also smelled awful, and there were puddles EVERYWHERE. Not a very good start.
Result: FAIL (no points)

Privacy
The bathroom I used is directly connect to the "walk here and find your theater" hallway. The stall is deep enough to give you some protection against wandering eyes, but the urinal is IMMEDIATELY next to it. Also, there is always a line when you only have two receptacles, and you end up crowding around the urinal and sink. Sorry folks.
Result: FAIL (no points)

Flushing
The flushing was blissfully normal. At least something was right.
Result: PASS (1 point)

Dryers
AIR DRYERS. COME ON. Air dryers are the worst invention of all time. Plus, there is a giant trash can near the door. Why is the can there if there aren't any paper towels to throw in it? And yet somehow, it was still more than half full.
Result: FAIL (no points)

Mirrors
In a surprising turn of events, the mirrors were excellent. A giant wide mirror over the sinks, and a tilted mirror on the opposite wall for checking out your shoes and whatnot. Amazing!
Result: PASS (1 point)

Music
No overhead music or sounds to be heard. This is especially annoying since there tend to be several people in the bathroom at the same time (unless you're an insane person who leaves a show halfway through to take a pee). Frustrating.
Result: FAIL (no points)

Reviewer Tilt
Sorry Regal, you get no Tilt points today. The bathroom experience was just not enjoyable at all.
Result: no points

Score: 2.0 out of 7 (28.6%)


What This Means For You:
This bathroom is good for one thing: getting your business done before you head home from a movie. I wish I had gone at home or at dinner so that I wouldn't have had to put up with this nonsense. NOT RECOMMENDED.

No comments:

Post a Comment